FUSE MEDIA EXPANDS DIGITAL ACTIVITIES WITH ADDITION OF TEN ORIGINAL SERIES; NAMES JON SCARLETT FUSE CONTENT STUDIO HEAD
LOS ANGELES/NEW YORK, SEPTEMBER 11, 2019 ̶ Fuse Media, a cross-platform entertainment media brand for the multicultural millennial and GenZ audience, will announce today during a Digital Content presentation at Newfronts West 2019 that the company is expanding its successful original digital content line-up by adding 10 new series. With an eye on further expanding its in house content studio activities Fuse Media is also naming a new head of its Fuse Content Studio.
Noted Fuse Media Head of Ad Sales and Integrated Marketing Jason Miller, who will co-lead the company’s NewFronts West presentation, “Connecting authentically with multicultural millennial and GenZ consumers via the various platforms they access for entertainment is critical for brands to be successful today. Fuse’s empowering music culture-centric content celebrates inclusion and engages our young consumers to help brands build true relevancy with this highly sought-after audience.”
The new digital series are produced by the Fuse Content Studio, which Fuse Media Chief Content Officer J-T Ladt launched last year as part of the company’s strategy to diversify its linear TV development slate with digital formats created and produced in-house. The Fuse Content Studio content has generated new revenues across every platform (linear and digital) while successfully targeting and engaging the highly elusive multicultural youth audience. Recently renewed franchise series Lie Detector and Mind Massage have reached a combined total of 43.7M views while Made From Scratch, which originated as a digital format, will make its linear television premiere in October.
Ladt also disclosed that Jon Scarlett has been named as Head of the Fuse Content Studio. He will be based in the company’s Los Angeles offices and will report directly to Ladt.
Scarlett who has been with All Def Media since 2014, most recently served as general manager overseeing the company’s productions, sales, operations and creative teams. Specifically, he has overseen the production of some 400-plus hours of original content including the successful series Dad Jokes, Arts & Raps, Traffic Jams and Roast Me.
“We are programming to the most diverse generations on the planet – millennials and Gen Z,” said Ladt. “Jon’s success in engaging this audience authentically syncs up with Fuse’s mission to empower the voices of this New Majority and provide a platform for talent and stories that fuel unity.”
The new digital series that Fuse Media is adding to its digital content line-up – including shows hosted by Natalia Perez (Big Boy’s Neighborhood) and comedian Andrew Santiago – are below:
- Bust It Open: In keeping with the wildly popular unboxing genre, talent will bust open five boxes to uncover a series of streetwear items correlated to different times in their life…from their past and into the present. Once all items are revealed, the guest will guess today’s resale price of each item and attempt to place the items in order of least to most expensive in effort to win one of the coveted items.
- Wreckreation: We live in a stressful world. From politics to traffic, everything seems designed to piss us off. Thankfully, Fuse has a solution. Talent will sit down in an official Rage/Anger Room for an interview to answer questions about their career, life and the world – things that stress them out…big problems or just pet peeves – then we give them a Louisville Slugger and 10 minutes to destroy a room filled with things that go CRASH (TVs, plates, glasses, computers). After the dust settles, we’ll see if they still feel the RAGE.
- A Michelin Star and A Hot Plate (wt): Cultures collide when one of America’s top culinary minds connects with the biggest personalities in music, fashion, movies, and more, and together they cook a 5-star dish in a 1-star location. Every episode, our host – a Michelin star chef – teaches a guest how to make a simple, but delicious, one pan dish with not much more than a hot plate. From Cacio e Pepe to Coq Au Vin, and from driveways to an empty field, our chef and the guest will make a complex piece of cooking easy enough for anyone to master…anywhere!
- Method To My Morning (wt):Everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time, including your favorite celebrity. Method To My Morning will give viewers intimate access to the morning routines of the biggest stars on the planet and their keys to starting the day off right. From their words of affirmation to their favorite song to sing in the shower, no detail will be missed as we set out to understand the ways that celebs give themselves a pick me up!
- Chew It Up: Hosted by comedian Andrew Santiago, Chew It Up introduces your favorite artist’s cultural identity to fans through food. Whether the artist is Nigerian, Indian or Dominican, we are doing a deep dive to learn about who they are and the nostalgic food they grew up eating…or not? The dishes escalate in obscurity, so from the first dish to the last, the food will continue to get more exotic. And as the host and talent share a meal, the artists answer questions about their career, life and heritage.
- Facts on Facts: Hip hop is full of ridiculous statements. From claims of godliness, to god-like sexual prowess, there is no shortage of lines that will stop you in your tracks. Using artistic animation and hilarious VO, Facts on Facts explores these lines, the artists that released them and the science needed to debunk or prove these outrageous claims. No line will go unexplored!
- Culture Filter: Hosted by Natalia Perez (Big Boy’s Neighborhood) in the Fuse Content studio and joined by artists, influencers and music culture insiders, the team digs deep into the biggest stories in pop culture and music, including: groundbreaking achievements, the latest releases, spicy clapbacks, and more…to uncover their value to the culture. Perez acts as the MC, moderating the conversation and dishing out points for well-made arguments and retracting points for anything that fails the filter. Ultimately, Perez will crown a ‘winner’ of the week, and give them an uninterrupted 30 seconds to flex for their favorite brands, albums, and/or clapback of the week.
- Dial-A-Rapper (wt): Every episode musicians will be on the Fuse hotline giving real advice to real people. Whether you need to know how to roast a chicken, install a garbage disposal or how to get a date, the rappers stopping by the Fuse studio are here for you! They might not have the right answers, but they’ve got answers. Tune in for the real-live phone calls…our rappers are on the line and they’re dying to talk to you!
- Doll House (wt): Streetwear’s biggest designers are doing something small…very small. In each episode of Doll House, one of streetwear’s most prominent names will design a doll-sized wardrobe for an artist based on how the artist describes themselves. The artists stop by the Doll House at the Fuse studio to see the collection, try it on their mini-me (a pint-sized 3D printed version of the artist!) and talk us through each piece and their overall style…
- Give Me The Loot (wt): The face of business and investment is changing in this country. It’s time for a show that reflects the inclusive nature of young entrepreneurs and dives into the struggles and tools they use to change the way the world works. Each week on Give Me The Loot, we give viewers what they’re looking for…thoughtfully curated words of wisdom and anecdotes on how to grow your dollar into the dream.
About Fuse Media
Fuse Media is a cross-platform entertainment media brand for the multicultural millennial and GenZ audience. The company’s platforms include the Fuse and FM (Fuse Music) linear and video-on-demand (VOD) channels; Fuse.TV online and social media properties; OTT apps; and live events. For photos and additional assets, please visit fusepress.tv.
# # #